Bearcat Parents & Runners,
1. REMINDER- No practice today! All athletes are to go home on their regularly scheduled buses.
2. SPRING BREAK WORKOUTS CAN BE FOUND HERE---> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1UQ8ETHzrsblnsFGsVBgtG5e0WgPwBc_A9D93bvjneq8/edit?usp=sharing
3 OUR PARENT MEETING WILL BE HELD ON TUESDAY 4/3/18 @ 5:30PM IN THE CAFETERIA!
4. FEES : All money is due by FRIDAY, APRIL 6th! Checks payable to "Fall Creek Valley Middle School"
- Athletic Support Fee ($25.00)- MANDATORY. ALL athletes must pay this fee.
- Racing Singlet ($12.00)- MANDATORY. If the athlete still has one that fits from last year, this is not required.
- Athletes must also race in SOLID BLACK shorts. Any shorts will do--- NO BASKETBALL SHORTS-- They are too baggy for speed.
- Sweat Package ($43.00)- OPTIONAL. It includes a hooded sweatshirt, sweatpants and a t-shirt. You can purchase any of them separately for $15 a piece.
- RUNNING SHOES! Most shoes need replaced every 300 to 450 miles, usually every 3-6 months, depending on usage and type of activity. Why? The cushioning and support wears out, which could increase your chance for injuries. Shoe tread is long lasting and not always a good indicator of shoe life. And oftentimes, the shoes wear down slowly so we don't notice day to day differences.
- RACING TRACK SPIKES… These are NOT REQUIRED, but Track spikes are used only during racing and at most track
- and field events. They are lightweight shoes with spikes screwed into their bottom, or spike plate, in order to maximize traction (and therefore performance) when running, throwing or jumping. You can purchase good running shoes at any of the following locations: The Runners Forum: http://www.runnersforum.com. The Blue Mile: http://www.bluemile.com/.
- Let them know that you are on the track team at FCV. Sometimes they will give you a discount.
SEE YOU ON THE TRACK