WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW!
Who: Activities are designed for youth age 12-18 who attend Lawrence Township Schools. Younger brothers and sisters may attend with permission ONLY if the teens participating are the only caregivers available during school breaks. (NOTE: Younger brothers and sisters must be entering 1st grade AND be at least 6 years of age before June 1, 2018)
Where: We meet at Castleton United Methodist Church at 71st & Shadeland. From there, we travel to many places for outdoor activities, enrichment, and service learning.
When: Our activities are on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays for seven weeks of summer break. June 4- July 26 (no meetings the week of July 4th). We also gather each time school is out for one week or longer during the school year.
What: Here’s what each student does through Share:
- Through partnership with ProACTIndy (www.proactindy.org) youth will experience critical service learning activities that will enable them to view themselves as agents of positive change in their communities.
- Youth will go swimming, hiking, canoeing, climbing, play basketball, and stay active.
- Participate in art projects
- Hear speakers on a variety of topics
Transportation: Students living inside the Metropolitan School District of Lawrence Township’s boundaries can get transportation if needed. Students may need to walk to a safe pick up location in their apartment complex or neighborhood. There will be a fee of $15 per student.
- $150 all 7 weeks (Families registering 3 or more students $100 each)
- $100 all 7 week for returning students if registered and paid before May 1, 2018
- $50 all 7 week for families eligible for free or reduced lunch (Family maximum $200)
Payment plans available for all families if needed.
Please contact our Program Director Cody Balog, email@example.com, 219-775-2990 to set up a payment plan. Arrangements must be made with Cody prior to our registration deadline on Friday May 25th, 2018.
Hours of operation:
Parent Drop off: 11am-12pm M-Th,
Parent Pick Up: 4:30-5:30 pm M-Th
SHARE DOES NOT MEET ON FRIDAYS!
Students who need transportation will be picked up beginning at 11 am and brought home beginning at 4:30 pm
Food: Share provides lunch and snacks for each participant on each activity day.